Back to film list
film catalogue >> history and archaeology >> TRAVELLING TO THE LOST PAST

 

TRAVELLING TO THE LOST PAST

1995
color
30'40"
Ukrainian

Script D.Bohdanov
Director D.Bohdanov

 

 

Sokyryntsi village, which was a family property of the Halahans, is situated over the Udka river in the middle of ancient Siveria land (in Chernigivschyna). It was presented to Hnat Halahan in 1716 by a tsar for betraying his people. A new house-palace was built in 1829.
An old forest was arranged in the English park style. Young Russian painter Lev Zhemchuzhnikov lived in Sokyryntsi with Hrygoriy P. Halahan, who was the last descendant for that time, in the middle of the 19th century.

The award at the International Documentary Film Festival "SVIT" ("The World"), 1997